Tuesday, July 19, 2011




I kept looking for examples of eye catching public writing all over until I realized that I kept seeing this poster. And because I had actually taken an interest in the cause I decided it is a perfect example of effective public writing. I am interested in education and really understand how mentoring and providing children with support can only be beneficial to their success and their future. I would enjoy participating as a mentor/tutor in the future and now I know a place where I can get started.

The poster provides a service through public writing to make people aware that these services are not only available but in need of volunteers. The poster did catch my eye because I saw it at the local coffee shop and my town library. I think these were two great spots to hang this message and reach the target audience.

I asked the woman behind the desk at the library about the poster and if she had any thoughts or more information about it.

She told me that it seemed like a great cause and a few people had approached her about getting involved since the poster had been moved from the entrance to this spot. The poster was hanging over a sign in sheet for a summer tutoring session. I thought this was a perfect spot for the poster. The tutors and parents of children who could benefit from a mentor all saw it every time they came to the local library. This poster can be beneficial to this cause if it continues to be seen by those who are likely to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment