What does it mean to have an audience as a public writer? I think this question is very important and serves as one of the main questions to address in achieving public writing. The audience is everything when you are a public writer. The issues that a public writer addresses seeks to gain respectability from other people who have the same view and may potentially become an activist on the issue if they aren’t already. An activist in my opinion is someone who stands by an issue they feel strongly about despite the position they take. An activist’s role is to promote awareness on the issue to the public, gain the respect of their target audience which are the individuals who share the same views, and aim to expand their audience and gain more activists to promote the issue to the public. I think that the public writer plays an important role in gaining the attention needed for other people who have the same view to want to participate in the movement by demonstrating their own views or just simply supplying the necessary information on the issue that may catch the attention of the audience. This was one of my focuses while doing my blog. I thought about what information I can write about that may catch people’s attention and want to think more in depth about how severe the issue is and to consider getting involved. I think that naturally everyone is an audience to some issue and feel some type of way about an area in which they would love to become involved, but may not have the proper information to become involved; this is where I think the public writer is the most influential.
No matter what information the public writer is writing about, there are people that have the same views and may be willing to participate. However, I also believe that to have a great impact on the rest of the community it is more powerful to be a physical force in promoting and advocating the issue. I do think that people are able to participate in different causes as well, but it is essential for the “activist” to make sure their participation in certain causes do not contradict each other. It is also crucial that the participant is passionate enough to find the time to participate and be an active member for the cause. It is hard to juggle different tasks such as school, work, family life, and so forth, but I feel that if an individual is truly passionate and engaged with the issue they will not have a problem with finding the couple of extra hours in being that active member. When a person enjoys doing something, I think there isn’t much of a hassle for the person to “want” to play their part in either organizing events well, recruiting others to help, and promoting and attending various events. Public writers need to have a target audience because it will make the issue come alive with the support of other individuals and I think that having a clear view on the issue and proper organization many of the events will be successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment