Friday, July 8, 2011

ME,ME,ME



To have an audience as a public writer means everything. As I previously addressed in another posting, audience means everything when it comes to public writing. The audience are the people who respond and listen to public writers and what they have to say and without them public writing would exist but not how it does in the public sphere. Activist audiences are made up of people who work to change things, problems or issues. They are the ones who fight for certain causes and take action to create change. Being an activist means to be apart of a cause and working to help fight for that cause. I also believe that being an activist means being an audience-participant because it is part of being an activist. It’s the job of an activist to continually participate and try to work towards achieving their goal. All of us have lives, jobs and families and it is impossible for us to be involved and apart of all the organizations that do public writing. In my opinion, as selfish as this may sound I believe that the organizations that one should be involved in should be the ones they care most about. When someone is passionate about something it comes out through their work and participation and for this reason I believe that people should only get involved in organizations and causes that mean something to them and that they believe in. To get people to care and to be receptive to our message we need to show them why it is that they should care. I try and show people everyday through my blog why they should care about global warming. I talk to my family about it and I tell them how this may affect their children, grandchildren and event themselves. That’s how you get people to respond and want to take action. People’s lives are complicated and busy and fitting time in for an organization or cause can be tricky and sometimes impossible but if you prove to someone why they should be involved and want to help then it leaves them with no other choice. People don’t realize what they are passionate for if they don’t hear it from someone else. I believe this because this is how I began to raise more awareness about global warming which has been my targeted cause for the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment