I found the readings fine but what my main problem is so far is the linking, posting and the choice of whether I should go to sakai, twitter or blogger to do my homework.
When I click a link on twitter to get on the class blog, then I see all the postings and the names of all the people in the class. Then I want to make comment on someone's post and as soon as I have finished typing my comments, the drop-down menu tells me to choose whether I want to post my comments as e-mail or WordPress or googlereader or something else. I click one of them and then everything disappears.
This is only one problem. I am also unable to post the URL for my blog onto sakai! So I simply typed the link for my political blog onto a word document and filed it then attached it in the assignement forum!!
Why is it that on my word document the link to my blog can be accessed and yet if I type the same link onto the sakai upload forum, the link goes dead?
I'm new to all this stuff. Can someone please explain?
I have also looked at the assignement 2 postings on sakai (the ones where we need to do peer reviews) and before some posts I see a lot of computer jargon. What is this??
Can anybody explain this stuff to me please?
When I get on-line on blogger.com and ask for help on how to make links to other pages, the instructions are quite clear. However, when I follow them to the dot, I still cannot post that link directly here. If one is good with the linking stuff though, this is a good site to visit.
It is good to be able to hyperlink other websites onto one's own web log because this serves to provide even more information to the reader, without the reader having to go back to the major search engine like google to look up any information that is useful in understanding what one is reading.
Hyperlinking well is also advantageous in that if you have a tonne of information on your blog, there will be more traffic directed to your blog and you may consequently promote your causes and ideas better, or even get paid more for any commercials that run on you blog
No comments:
Post a Comment