At this juncture, I'd like to take a moment to pause. Let's stop and look at what we've accomplished, and what we need to accomplish as we move forward.
First, if you haven't done so, you will need to upload a .doc copy of your project 2 into the appropriate Sakai forum. You will also need to make arrangements with a peer of your choice and follow the prompt for how to conduct the peer review.
Second, I ask that by the end of the day on Wednesday (let's say 10pm) I'd like for you to upload a hyperlinked URL in the appropriate Sakai forum for Project 1. I will be doing a preliminary reading of the blogs, and I will offer commentary and feedback on ways to work on improving them.
Third, as you may have noticed Project 3 has been uploaded to the assignments section of Sakai. This should be a fun and rewarding project: enjoy!
Fourth, as for reading, I've uploaded the Wurman reading into Sakai in addition to hyperlinking the remaining electronic readings on the reading schedule page of this blog.
Fifth, by Wednesday by 4 pm please respond to the following prompt:
At this point, you've read a number of articles and chapters. This prompt has two parts. First, identity one aspect of the readings that you are unclear about? Is there a concept you'd like to know more about? Is there something that doesn't make sense? Is there a theory that is just going over your head? Is there something missing in terms of what the authors have discussed that you think seems absent from a thorough discussion of public writing? In a paragraph please address these questions in some way. Then, for part two, find a resource that you think begins to address part of that--that resource may be a video, a hyperlink to a webpage, it may even be a print source. Once you've found a resource you are asked to write a one to two paragraph summary about why that resource is something that your peers should read and why it would be a valuable piece of information for a person who wants to write about the public sphere.
No comments:
Post a Comment