I am going to use the informative form of writing, as described by Shamoon in order to highlight the style of New Leadership (my political blog) exhibited by Barack Obama. Both the good and the less flattering things, as I perceive them, which the Obama administration has done, will be mentioned. This is likely to be effective in catching the attention of the reader. Even though I made it clear at the start of The New Leadership, that President Obama had exhibited a new style of leadership that may catapult him to a good place among one of the greater leaders in recent history, it is still important to show the reader that I am impartial and will critique him where I see that this needs to be done. This would be in line with Rebecca Blood’s ‘Weblog Ethics’, in which she emphasizes the need for a responsible weblogger to be totally honest, lest we fall below the standards that are upheld by other media like newspapers.
Visual blogging is a good means to catch attention of the reader who has just a little time for the information I wish to convey. As Meredith Badger suggests, I may use quick images to convey my message. The images may be serialized to tell the story or just be presented individually.
Initially enlisting the audience of other parties interested or holding a stake in my opinions or beliefs is essential for me to use as a starter, just as Shamoon suggests. Like-minded people will automatically visit similar sites to the ones that I visit on the net. So automatically Kevin Kelly’s ‘We are the Web’ makes perfect sense in that on the web, one can reach a very large number of people if they have the same interests as one does. Now if the information that a weblogger gives is well presented and catches the interest of the reader, then all that Shamoon suggests is inevitable.
No comments:
Post a Comment