
I choose this design because I felt that it was simple but also has a message to it. The picture is of a person holding the world and my slogan "it's in your hands" is placed underneathe it. The argument I present here is that our world is suffering from global warming and it's in our hands to do something about it. The argument is that most people don't think about recycling and doing the things that our world needs from us and I made that clear in my slogan and front of the t-shirt. The back of the t-shirt says "reuse, reduce, recycle" leaving the audience with the three r's that they will always remember. I think that others will read and interpret this argument as having a strong message and will want to take action to fight for the cause. If someone were to see this t-shirt in a public place like a supermarket or on the corner of a major plaza I think they would take the time to possible purchase a t-shirt or just listen about global warming and it's harmful effects on our world. Unlike other issues global warming is an issue that doesn't require people to sign up or subscribe to anything, rather an opportunity to talk to people about the little things they can do to make a difference.

Last week's reading of Shamoons' chapter 4 regarding informative writing and publicity seems to relate to my argument and t-shirt as well. Informative writing is when you inform your audience by not going too in depth but providing them simple information about the topic or issue at hand. Like my t-shirt, I don't go into much depth and my message is simple and anyone who looks at it will know what my argument and cause is. Shamoons' writing also addressed target audience and how one should take the right steps to reach their target audience. The target audience of my t-shirt and cause is virtually for everyone. Everyone can take part in creating a cleaner and greener environment. As we have learned public writing comes in many different forms and my slogan and t-shirt is included in these different forms. Although there isn't much text or writing to my t-shir there is a slogan and catch phrase that both are forms of public writing. It is informative but also argumentative and ask's people to try and make a change and "reuse, reduce and recycle" to prevent global warming and further the change for a greener and cleaner environment.
Your design is great. It is simple, but will definitely get the message across. "It's in our hands" is a very creative slogan, and one that speaks the truth. I'm sure people would be inspired to lend a helping hand to keeping our environment safe if they saw this t-shirt. Nice job!
ReplyDelete