Tough, hard, smooth, diverse and weathered. These are the 5 words I choose to describe my artifact which is rocks. I choose this artifact to represent public writing because I believe they have many qualities and similar characteristics. As rocks change so has public writing. Over the course of time public writing has evolved and with new technology it has become harder, easier and more diverse. Public writing has become woven into our country and democracy as a way for people to express themselves and their beliefs and opinions. It has influenced the public sphere and become a gateway for freedom of speech. Public writing is diverse in its' nature because people from all over, of different races and ethnicities perform public writing and opinions and beliefs are told and brought together. It has become a way for people to connect with one another and also distinguish themselves through their writing. In my own opinion I believe it has changed our society in a positive manner because it has allowed people the opportunity to express how they feel and given a chance to those who can't stand up in front of a crowd or a roomful of people, to express their opinions and beliefs in a more subtle manner. Facebook, twitter and multiple blogs has helped this new era of public writing flourish and as technology continues to advance I believe public writing will too.
When I typed public sphere into google I first searched images because as a visual learner I thought that this would help me better understand the meaning of the actual word. This is the first image that stuck out to me and one that I believe depicted and spoke about the true meaning and understanding of public sphere. After viewing the photo I then researched into what the actual meaning of definition of the public sphere is and multiple sites all regarded to it as a place in which people can freely discuss and talk about societal problems and further come up with an action or solution to those problems discussed. In terms of public writing, the public sphere is an area in which people can write about issues they strongly believe in or politics that they have opinions about and in this way they can talk with other people but also gain support or help in hopes of changing or supporting a cause. This website I found not only spoke about what the public sphere is but also recommends how one can get involved...public sphere


No comments:
Post a Comment