My visual presentation is intended to demonstrate the severity on the issue of sex trafficking. I think that if someone was to encounter my visual argument in a public place, it would create some type of emotional response that may connect a person to want to learn more on the issue in depth and not what everyone perceives sex trafficking and prostitution to be. With my visual argument I intend for the public to take a closer look on what sexual exploitation means and not the stance that women who are a part of the sex trade “put” themselves there, but from the standpoint of the men, women, and children that are victims of the trade.
In the article, “Writing for a Web Audience”, it presents a lot of different tips that may help catch the attention needed for a webpage to stand out enough for the audience to “want” to read. I think that much of the article is important because having punch up headlines, key concepts, among other things allows your blog to stand out and be different from others. One of the ways I think can be effective in delivering this response as I mentioned in a previous community blog; is to have a visual presentation along with text that explains and further discuss what the visual argument is indicating. What I tried to do with my visual argument for my t-shirt/bumper sticker presentation was select a few key words that may stand out and create an emotional response that can interest an audience in learning more on the issue. I tried to choose words that were intense enough to demonstrate what the victims, particularly women victims are subjected to in the sex trade.
Most people believe that women place themselves into this lifestyle, but it is never considered that a 22 year old woman was forced into being a sex slave since age 12 and want to break away from the lifestyle, but isn’t able to because she is being monitored all the time, or her family would be in danger is she didn’t comply to the demands asked of her, or society places this label on her preventing her to live a normal life because she is considered to be every degrading word you can think of. In relation to the reading, I thought that I demonstrated having key concepts that would draw the attention of people to want to learn more on the issue and potentially join in the fight against sex trafficking.
When I saw your image it completely caught my attention. I think it is a great design and logo for your t-shirt and your slogan is very compelling. How you made the words different sizes really caught my eye and the words you used are strong and really get the message across. I believe that if this were to be seen in public it would catch the attention of the public. Your topic is very controversial and not the most argumentative because I think there is a common belief that sex trafficking isn't a good or ethical thing. I also agree with the fact that your issue and topic allows people to have an emotional reaction because for some this issue means more. I think you did a great job and I'm very much interested in your final t-shirt and topic in general! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your feedback! I was a little worried that a lot of people wouldn't consider this topic to be serious because although most consider it to be unethical people look at prostitutes as disgusting because it is predetermined that they put themselves there.
ReplyDelete